Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Beatles Brazilian records


The Beatles Brazilian discography is idiosyncratic. Up to 'Rubber Soul' the Beatles releases were made-up somewhere at Odeon's offices in Rio de Janeiro following some mysterious directives coming from Hell or Heaven. Here are the few Beatles albums released in Brazil in 1964 & 1965. 

One has to bear in mind that when 'Beatlemania', the first Beatles album was released in Brazil, in March 1964, the Liverpoodian foursome had already released 2 full albums in the UK: 'Please please me' on 22nd March 1963 (containing 14 songs) and 'With the Beatles' on 22nd November 1963 (the day JFK was assassinated in Dallas, USA) containing 14 songs making up 28 songs. Besides, the Beatles and were on the verge of releasing 'A hard day's night', their 3rd album, on 10 July 1964

'Beatlemania' released in Brazil in March 1964.
1. I want to hold your hand
2. It won't be long
3. All I've got to do 
4. Little child
5. Don't bother me (Harrison)
6. Please Mr Postman (Dobbins-Garrett-Gorman-Bateman-Brian Holland)

1. She loves you 
2. Roll over Beethoven (Chuck Berry)
3. You really got a hold on me (Smokey Robinson)
4. I wanna be your man 
5. Devil in her heart (Richard Drapkin)
6. I saw her standing there 

Beatles' second album in Brazil released in July 1964.
1. Please, please me
2. Boys (Dixon-Farrell)
3. Twist and shout (Medley-Russell)
4. From me to you 
5. Baby, it's you (David Williams-Burt Bacharach)
6. I'll get you

1. Hold me tight
2. Money
3. Do you want to know a secret?
4. All my loving
5. Love me do
6. Can't buy me love 


http://www.beatlemania.net.br/discografiabrasil_eng.htm

Odeon 1964 compilation album

274 - Beatlemania
287 - The Beatles Again
269 - Idolos da Juventude - The Beatles, Dave Clark Five, Peter & Gordon etc.


just waiting to step into history... 

No comments:

Post a Comment